Monday, August 28, 2006

Belichick maintains low-ball offer on wife's child support
The Assiciated Press

Notoriously stringent Pats' coach Bill Belichick continues to refuse to budge in negotiations over his wife's child support.

Entering the last year of her current 3 year, $3,000-a-month deal, Debbie Belichick is seeking long-term financial security for the seperated couple's three children, though Mr. Belichick's unwillingness to negotiate and Debbie's lack of leverage has brought the situation to a precarious impasse.

"The Redskins' coaches' wives are making fifteen, twenty thousand a month," Ms. Belichick said. "I understand this is a business, but I feel I've more than proven myself as a mother, and I just feel I'm entitled to fair compensation."

In accordance with family policy, Mr. Belichick refused to comment on the details of the situation, though the Patriots have given Ms. Belichick permission to date other men.

"I don't want it to have to come to that," Ms. Belichick reiterated, "but if things don't improve, I may decide to show up to Patriots training camp."

No comments: