Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Transcript from Pat Riley's press Conference following the Heat's 108-66 loss to the Bulls last night:

PR: Thank you all for coming. So, that game. Yeahhhhh... did not.... play..... so great. It was, you know, kind of.... like... well, it was like you were expecting.... no... what was I trying to say? Um... yeah, it was not.... very.... you know? Not at all. Not one bit. Not one itty widdle bit. At all. No sir. No sirreee Bob. Noey nope nope.

Q: Do you feel that perhaps your team was a bit complaiscent, still coming off the high of last year's Finals?

PR: Um.... you might.... you know, it's kind of like.... Wow. Wow that game was not.... what we wanted.... or expected... or wanted... by any means... or.... wanted.... or.... the thing, what was I saying? Yeah, not such a great game.

Q: Do you believe that with this decisive victory on the road against the defending champs, the Bulls have established themselves as the team to beat in the East this year?

PR: Hoo-eee, that was some loss. I mean, my god. Wow. Wowzers. Wowzamadooo. Wowie Wowerson. What a.... just.... just terrible thing.... the thing that we... I mean, what happened? How did we.... what... what were we.... I mean, like, you know? What??? It was... just... it was the.... I mean, really? By forty points? At home?? That just never.... you never want to.... you, you think that... what I'm saying is, you absolutely cannot.... do.... the thing... with the stuff... that we sort of did.... on the thing.... and the stuff too.... we did... also. I don't know. I don't--

[Riley sheepishly walks away from podium, muttering to himself]

No comments: